Keep All Your Poolside Gear in One Place
There’s nothing better on a hot summer day than cooling off at Post House’s elevated pool. Whether you prefer to lounge poolside or relax in the water, the pool is the perfect place to spend a lazy afternoon this summer.
Before heading out, though, don’t forget to bring some supplies so you have everything you need close at hand. A great way to make sure you don’t forget anything is to keep a tote packed with all of your poolside necessities, so when the mood strikes, you can just grab your bag and go, without having to rush back to your apartment because you’ve forgotten something.
Picking a Tote
When it comes to deciding what kind of tote will work best for you, there are a few considerations to keep in mind:
• How big does it need to be? You want to make sure there’s plenty of room for everything you need, but it’s not so big that it’s uncomfortable to carry.
• Can you clean it? Spills and dirt happen, so a machine washable tote or one that can easily be wiped down are your best bet.
What to Pack
A well-packed pool tote will have everything you need and want poolside. Some ideas for what to keep on hand:
• Beach towel and cover-up. Don’t scramble to find a towel or find yourself without one when you need it! Once your towel and cover-up are clean and dry after pool time, put them right back in your tote so you always know where they are.
• Plastic bag. Carrying a wet towel back to your apartment at the end of the day is no fun, so keep a plastic bag handy to keep the rest of your tote’s contents dry.
• Sunscreen and SPF lip balm. Keeping these staples in your tote will ensure you’re always protected from the sun and can easily reapply throughout the day.
• Water bottle. Staying hydrated in the summer sun is important! Make it easy by bringing a water bottle with you.
• Sunglasses and hat. Keep your face and eyes protected from the sun by keeping a backup pair of shades and a hat pre-packed.
• A book or e-reader. Put yourself in vacation mode with some poolside reading material.
• A small snack. Don’t let a growling stomach send you back to your apartment just when you’ve started to settle into your lounge chair! Packaged, shelf-stable snacks like granola bars, mixed nuts, or dried fruit are great to keep in your tote for when you need them.
Looking for a new apartment home where you can relax poolside this summer? Post House’s pet-friendly community offers studio, one-, and two-bedroom floor plans with top-notch amenities. Give us a call at (812) 308-4197 to schedule your visit – you’ll love what you see!